We are seeking a skilled Chief Product Engineer for our Design Engineering Department in the Cement Division's Global Technology Centre in Copenhagen. The department is responsible for all the technical aspects of materials handling equipment including belt conveyors and related equipment used in cement plants all over the world. Your new work place is at our head quarters in Valby, and you can foresee up till 20 yearly travel days.
Technical responsibility and handling of cement plant equipment
Your new job includes:
Technical background combined with a good practical and commercial sense
- technical responsibility for the belt conveyors and related equipment
- development and implementation of improvements to the product line in cooperation with suppliers and relevant FLSmidth departments globally
- set up systems and tools for preparing proposals and standard order execution by improving our type selection programs and product data bases used for standard order handling at our Indian office
- building and enhancing the business systems and standard order handling procedures
- order handling of special orders
- technical assistance to suppliers, plant sites and colleagues worldwide.
You have a BSc in Mechanical Engineering and solid experience as Product Specialist or Design Engineer. A background as skilled craftsman and/or experience from construction machine makers or sites will be considered an advantage. Using your flair for mechanical construction you are able to:
Your source to the good working life
- optimise whole solutions based on Total Installed Cost and Total Cost of Ownership
- design machines, making necessary calculations on equipment capacities and machinery parts
- prepare safety risk assessments, drawings, specifications, instructions and design manuals
- document and improve the work flow in design and order handling phases
- deliver the best possible quality – also when deadlines are tough and it takes serious persistence to get to the goal
- assist and support our engineering colleagues abroad
- handle trouble shooting with a hands-on approach on site or from a distance
- work in teams as well as independently
When you join FLSmidth, you take off for a career in an international environment, where you always work with the latest technologies – whether you are building a plant in the desert or working in a city office. You will be trusted to complete your projects your own way, without an A-Z manual, and you will work with customers, suppliers and colleagues all over the world. Further, you will receive individual training, education and an insurance plan - and have the flexibility to balance your work life with your private life.
Questions about the position may be directed to Department Manager, Jacob Becker Ryttergaard at +45 3093 2104. Please apply by clicking “apply” on this page. The application deadline is 4 January 2013. Please state where you saw the ad and have reference no. 5675 ready at hand when you contact us.
FLSmidth is an international engineering company with an annual turnover of app. EUR 3.0 bn. We are the world’s leading supplier of plants, machinery, services and spare parts to the cement and minerals industry. To maintain our market leading position, we invest massively in technological innovation, R&D and training of our 15,800 employees worldwide. Visit www.flsmidth.com for further information on our business and services.