Department Manager in Pharmacovigilance Drug Safety Europe/RoW
- new role in world leading first class generic pharmaceutical company
As Department Manager you lead and support approximately 18 professionals divided over three teams that are responsible for key areas like case processing, safety surveillance, risk management, PhV agreements and safety input to clinical studies. The position reports to the Director Head Pharmacovigilance Drug Safety Europe/RoW who is located in Denmark. A counterpart department manager position is located in Romania.
Other major responsibilities are:
- Coach, motivate, and develop the teams for continued high performance
- Provide sparing and coaching to staff and group leaders, both when the topics are practical operational issues as well for interpretation of procedures.
- Ensure the European QPPV is timely provided with all relevant data needed.
- Assure accuracy of adverse event information in cases as well in aggregated reports.
- Ensure high compliance for tasks provided by the teams.
- Act as senior reviewer for aggregated reports e.g. PSURs and risk management plans.
- Act as reviewer for PhV agreements with partners.
- Develop, maintain and continuously optimize processes and procedures in order to have an efficient data flow and meeting regulatory deadlines.
You hold a M.Sc. degree in either Medicine, Pharmacy, Human Biology or equivalent scientific background together with a minimum of 8 years of broad experience including hands-on experience from a Pharmacovigilance/Drug Safety department. Besides you have a minimum of 4 years of management experience and a strong knowledge of all area's within pharmacovigilance/drug safety surveillance, including case processing, PSURs, risk management plans and clinical trials. Experience with working in an international environment and experience from a generic pharmaceutical company will be an advantage.
You stand out as a personality with great drive and good people management and coaching skills, as well as the ability to be adaptable to changes in a dynamic international environment. You are able to support the team on both operational and scientific matters. Furthermore you have good communication skills verbally as well as in writing, and in the same time listen to others. You are used to speak and write English fluently. Finally, you are strong in planning and prioritizing and get motivated of challenges.
Actavis offers you a high degree of independence and great career opportunities in one of the world's leading players in the development, manufacturing and sale of first class generic pharmaceuticals. You will be part of a successful new organisation that offers you the possibility of developing and fostering significant results and a unique possibility to influence the final design of the job.
Place of work: Gentofte, Denmark.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact UniqueConsult's partner Els Klück on M +45 4074 6901. All applications in English are treated confidentially.
Actavis is one of the world's leading players in the development, manufacture and sale of first-class generic pharmaceuticals. The Company has led an assertive programme of growth through the development and launch of new products and strategic acquisitions. Actavis has over 10,000 employees in around 40 countries.