We are looking for a scientist with Bacillus research experience to join our Innovation team in Animal Health and Nutrition (AHN) in Hørsholm, Denmark.
Chr. Hansen Animal Health & Nutrition (AHN) provides documented, cost-effective feed solutions that help increase productivity in livestock farming. Our 100% natural products actively stimulate the performance of animals.
We are a leading player in the development, production, handling and distribution of live microbials. Customers worldwide benefit from our deep knowledge and tradition in core microbiology. We take pride in our ability to serve customer needs and increasing requirements to animal feed with innovative and robust solutions based on science.
AHN-innovation is part of the Health & Nutrition Division, dealing with both Animal and Human product development, leading to large synergies and stimulating scientific environment between the different functions.
In AHN-Innovation, the team is responsible for the research of probiotics, development of technical platforms, management of portfolio of early development and formulation projects.
In our team we are currently 10 dedicated colleagues, 1 manager, 3 scientists and 6 technicians.
Over the years, the group has developed a Bacillus based technical platform, to do highly effective probiotic solution for the feed industry. Research in this area is very complex, challenging and exciting in order to establish the right assays to test the probiotic strains and to understand their mode of action in the animals.
You main responsibility is to continue developing our Bacillus research expertise and drive future development projects.
- Set up experiments to test hypotheses
- Research in how specific different Bacillus probiotic strains act on a cellular as well as a physiologic level to contribute to health benefits
- Responsible of research projects, including communication and coordination internally and with outside partners
- Responsible of network building activities i.e. contact to and cooperation with specialists within different research fields at institutions, universities and other private companies
- Responsible for scientific support to the business
Your personal profile
- You hold a Ph.D. in microbiology/bacterial physiology or similar and you have an education and experience within molecular genetics
- You have proven experience with Bacillus research and Bacillus physiology
- Understanding in the area of microbes - mammalian interactions and/or animal model research will be an advantage
- You have developed a network in the field of Bacillus expertise
- You are proactive and can be a driver for your area of work
- You are innovative and enthusiastic towards new ideas
A position with direct report to R&D manager, Lars Mølbak, AHN-Innovation and a stimulating, international workplace within a professional organization focused on linking solid scientific research to business opportunities.
If you have any questions for the position, please feel free to contact R&D manager Lars Mølbak AHN-Innovation at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 5339 0373.
Please apply on-line here. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 1 December 2012.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Chr. Hansen A/S er en international virksomhed, der producerer og sælger naturlige ingredienser som bakteriekulturer, enzymer, naturlige farver og smagsstoffer. Vores aktiviteter er baseret på intens forskning og vores viden om bioteknologi anvendes i ingredienser til fødevarer samt helsekost og i produkter til landbruget. Vi er markedsledende på en lang række områder og beskæftiger 2.600 medarbejdere fordelt på 30 lande.