We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer for the Global Technology Center of our Cement Division, located at our headquarters in Copenhagen. You will join one of our highly competent engineering departments responsible for the technical aspects of equipment used in cement plants all over the world.
Mechanical designs and handling of cement plant equipment
Your job will include:
- mechanical design of cement plant equipment, including calculations and documentation
- technical drawings and design work in SolidWorks
- order handling of non-standard designs
- technical assistance to colleagues, suppliers and plant sites worldwide
- assisting documenting machinery within our product database
We are dedicated to help you constantly improve your competencies through e.g. selected software courses. Your development will also be strengthened by having 5-20 annual travel days to cement plants all over the world.
Heavy technical background and solid experience with design engineering
As a minimum you have a BSc in Mechanical Engineering and solid experience with design engineering. If you have worked as a craftsman and/or have experience from a construction site, it will be a plus. You are able to:
- design and support state-of-the-art cement plant equipment
- prepare necessary documentation, including risk assessments, drawings, specifications, instructions and design manuals for order handling
- design and make necessary strength calculations on equipment and machinery parts such as bearings, shafts and welding
- use SolidWorks for technical drawings
- prepare end user documentation complying with the quality standards
- handle troubleshooting on site with a hands-on approach
You must be capable of working in teams as well as independently and deliver best possible quality – even when deadlines are pushing hard and it requires persistency to reach the goal.
Your source to the good working life
When you join FLSmidth, you take off for a career in an international environment, where you always work with the latest technologies – whether you are building a plant in the desert or working in a city office. You will be trusted to complete your projects your own way, without an A-Z manual, and you will work with customers, suppliers and colleagues all over the world. Further, you will receive individual training, education and an insurance plan - and have the flexibility to balance your work life with your private life.
Questions about the position may be directed to Department Manager, Jens Mose at +45 3093 2613. Please apply by clicking “apply” on this page. The application deadline is 19 November 2012. Please state where you saw the ad and have reference no. IRC5497 ready at hand when you contact us.
FLSmidth is an international engineering company with an annual turnover of app. EUR 3.0 bn. We are the world’s leading supplier of plants, machinery, services and spare parts to the cement and minerals industry. To maintain our market leading position, we invest massively in technological innovation, R&D and training of our 15,800 employees worldwide. Visit www.flsmidth.com for further information on our business and services.